Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chores/Little Helpers

Hello Everyone.  Today the theme at My Cricut Craft Room is chores or little helpers.  I was really having problems thinking of what I could do for this.  My child is grown and out of the house so there really aren't any chores to assign and when I think of little helpers, I kept thinking of kids helping Mom/Dad with something. 
While spending A LOT of time pondering (on the back of a motorcycle for seven days). I decided that I was the one that needed the little helper.  All of my reflective thinking brought me to the conclusion that I needed to lose weight and become more physically fit. 

This is just to give you an idea of my starting point. 

When I got home, I signed up for a free on-line service that will help with meal and activity planning.  It's called SparkPeople.com.  I printed off the meal plans that where offered and realized that I needed a place to keep them organized.


So I created a binder.  Wall Decor and More had the word Health and I welded a y on to create healthy and then I used letters from the rest of the alphabets to create the Living.  "Be the change" was cut from Give a Hoot and "You're Worth It" was from Calligraphy Collection.  The saying in the middle was a rub on that I've had for a few years.




Here is one of my divider pages.  I didn't want to pop anything up because the divider pages are going into sheet protectors.  I used Pink Journey for the runner and shoes.  The dumbbells are from Everyday Paper Dolls and the words are cut from Hanna Montana. 

 I used some pearl gel to give the dumbbells some silver handles.

Here's a close up of the shoes.  They are three layers.

I have three more divider pages, meal plans, weights and measures, and receipts.  I will show them at other dates. If you are interested in having a copy of my activity log, leave a not int he comment section and I will e-mail you a pdf file.  I can't figure out how to post a pdf file here.

For more ideas on Chores and Little Helpers check out the My Cricut Craft Room.






5 comments:

  1. Tammy - I LOVE this! Not only is it super cute with the jogger, the shoes and the weights, etc...it is going to be super useful in keeping you organized and on track! I would love to take a peek at the plan if you will email it to me at
    happiqueen@aol.com
    Thanks so much for that offer!
    Great way to think out of the box!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Although I dont know you,I am proud of you for starting this journey.I have a few friends that have started the spark experience and love it..looks like I may be next! LOL The binder is awesome! TFS and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great binder. I'm sure you will succeed wonderfully. Congrats to you on your journey:) We'll all be there to cheer you on!!

    Angie MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome project! Great idea! Love the diecuts you used. Good luck to you! I have been wanting to start eating better and start getting more excercise..too bad I am so lazy! lol Have a great day!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete