Thursday, April 25, 2013

Weekly Challenge # 16 - Thursday

#16
Challenge:   Cinco de Mayo Projects

Dates:  April 23, 2013 to April 29, 2013


Hello, Hello, Hello!
This is Teresa, from CreateEnjoyShare.blogspot.com and I'd like to welcome you  to my post for Cuttin' and Stampin' Design team today.  I am so glad you stopped by.
Coming up in just a couple of weeks is Cinco De Mayo (May 5th) and we were asked to create projects to celebrate this holiday.  Well, as you can probably see by my blog design, I am a big fan of margaritas and Cinco De Mayo is the perfect reason to enjoy them!
I have a local family run Mexican restaurant that I frequent and have had the opportunity to get to the know owners/staff.  Today I created a poster that they can hang up to advertise the specials they will be offering on Cinco De Mayo.
Let me show you my project and I'll give you more details!
The name of my local restaurant is LaPinita, so when I found a cut file for this cute Pinata  I knew that was the perfect image to use on the sign! 
This restaurant is decorated in very bright, cheerful colors and I wanted to create the sign so that it would blend right in with their style.  
I added a "googly eye" to the Pinita's face and attached  the Pinata to the base of the sign with foam squares to give it dimension.
Sorry for this being rotated, but in my photo editing it was facing the correct way, but I could not make adjustments here in blogger!


I loved the arched Cinco De Mayo topper I found in the Silhouette store!  I welded letters together to form the word, "specials".  

There is my finished sign! It will be fun seeing it hanging in the restaurant prior to Cinco De Mayo!
Cheers!


We'd love you to link up and join our challenge!

Please make sure your blog posts has a link back to us.  

Go Here  to enter your creations.

Thank you so much for stopping by our blog today! 

2 comments:

  1. very cute sign Teresa...I know the owners of the Mexi place will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful sign. I bet they will love it. TFS
    D-
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete