Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Step-by-Step 1-15-14


January 15, 2014

This week Cuttin' and Stampin' is concentrating on winter.  I'm using Bo Bunny's Winter Wonderland paper collection to create this project.  


Here's an idea of what I started with.  

Bo Bunny Winter Wonderland 6x6 paper pad
Paper Smooches Fresh Snow stamp set
Bazzill Basic Paper Card Shoppe card stock 
A Muse Studio ribbon and Cupcake Topper Die set

I started with the Buttermints cardstock and cut it to 4.25" x 11" and folded it in half.  The blue cardstock is 3 7/8" x 5 1/4"  The pattern paper from the Bo Bunny collection is 3 5/8" x 5".  

I taped the pattern paper and the solid blue paper together.  I actually started with the Paper Smooches Snowflake die place the die in the upper corner of the two pieces that were taped together.  My plan was to use the Paper Smooches Snowflake die and cut out the shadow and then stamp the corresponding stamp in the cut out space.  But, there's not a stamp that matches the die.  I cut the snowflake out and then realized my mistake.  


I ended up using the Cupcake Topper die that fit just outside the edges of the snowflake I had already cut out.   I lined it up and placed my stamp in the cut out area.  I used memento teal blue to stamp the snowflake and use clear Wink of Stella over the top. 


I used a lot of foam squares to to add depth.  I used the A Muse studio ribbon across the bottom.  Then I used the A Muse Banner Flag die and stamped the sentiment on.  I traced the outside of the die so I had a shadow for the flag.  


Here's my finished card.  


Now's your change to to create something about winter and enter it in this week's challenge.  You can enter Here.


3 comments:

  1. Fun card and awesome technique! Love it-thanks for sharing!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your talents and this great technique.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete